Re: [exim] Cluster

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Cluster
Ian Eiloart wrote:

>> Which is fine for MX servers. Not so good for MSA. MUAs (user clients)
>> don't use MX records, and don't retry even if the smtp server address is
>> a round robin in the DNS. At least, none of the servers that I've tried.
>
> Self-correction: I mean that none of the MUAs that I've tried will try
> alternate SMTP servers, even if the DNS gives them several IP addresses in
> a round robin.

My original point was that this is entirely outside the scope of Exim.
Exim listens on an IP for incoming connections. How you get that IP to
continue pointing at an Exim daemon is none of Exims concern.

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/