Re: [exim] Exim MTA on 64Bit Darwin (Snow Leopard)

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim MTA on 64Bit Darwin (Snow Leopard)
On 8/14/09 7:34 AM, "Mike Cardwell" <exim-users@???> wrote:

> Amedeo Mantica wrote:
>
>> Does anyone compliled / tested Exim on snow leopard ? 64bit mode ?
>
> I didn't think Snow Leopard had been released yet? It's next month isn't
> it? Or October?

The ever-present Mac rumor mills say Snow Leopard *might* be released late
this month. I don't believe it, as they also say that it went "Golden
Master" earlier this week, and that's a pretty short time to prepare a few
million boxes.

I'm sure there are developers with advance copies. It's somewhat unlikely
that any of them have compiled Exim, and even if they have they can't say
so. Apple has said there is a new Xcode--which might but probably won't lead
to problems that need adjusting.

It might be well to prepare by looking at the collection of Make files to be
sure that 64-bitness won't confuse the forcing of base36 rather than base62
for Exim message id's/file names (they should remain base36--the file system
by default is still, unfortunately, case insensitive).

Apple's official line hasn't changed since June: Snow Leopard will be
released in September.

--John (who hasn't pre-ordered)