Re: [exim] Multiple users for SMTP Authentication

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dave Evans
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Multiple users for SMTP Authentication
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:56:55PM +0100, Mike Slater-Jones wrote:
> fixed_cram:
> driver = cram_md5
> public_name = CRAM-MD5
> server_secret = ${if eq{$1}{username}{password}fail}
> server_set_id = $1

So you support exactly one username / password pair, and everyone uses the
same username and password, right?

> This has worked perfectly fine so far, but what we now need are separate
> common authenticators for each of the clients we will be handling mail for,
> without having to add each user individually to a password file and checking
> against it.

So are you saying that you /don't/ want to have a password file like this?

alice: alice's password
bob: bob's password
charlie: charlie's password

because to me that seems like it's by far the easiest method, so I'm really
curious to know why you don't want to do that.

Or have I misunderstood?

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/