Re: [exim] Callout lockfile not writable

Autor: Morten W. Petersen
A: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users @ exim. org
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Callout lockfile not writable
Jeremy Harris skrev:
> Morten W. Petersen wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I'll try a different tack here. Is it possible with Exim to hook it up
>> to some external
>> process or socket which can do the callout check?
>>
>> I'm thinking of having some python-based daemon or script running which
>> can check the
>> recipient against an SQL database..
>>

> Sure, several ways. But, why not just do the DB lookup from Exim?
>
> http://exim.org/exim-html-4.69/doc/html/spec_html/ch09.html

Right, that's a useful pointer. :)

But, this Exim instance is in the middle of two mail servers; it processes
email and weeds out the spam.

So I need to ask the final destination whether it accepts the email address,
and if so, store it in a local database and tell Exim somehow that the
recipient was accepted. Like callout, but using a more .. "flexible"
storage mechanism.

Could you point me to a relevant chapter(s) to do just that?

Thanks,

Morten

--
Morten W. Petersen