Re: [exim] Are you human?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Michael Heydon
A: Exim
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Are you human?
Exim wrote:
> I just had a client ask for something I haven't done. He wants emails from
> unknown users to be sent back with a "are you human" request they must
> respond to correctly. If they do, then they will be automatically added to
> a list of valid senders.

I believe it is called challenge response filtering and it is the most
horrible antispam tactic I have seen. If you really absolutely can not
get out of doing it, please make sure that you do it as a last resort,
check SPF, run SA, use DNSBLs.

Plain old bounce backscatter is a little annoying but you can forgive it
on the grounds that that is how email was originally designed to work,
but these challenge things are pure arrogance "My time is so important
that rather than just clicking delete I am going to waste *your* time by
making you filter my messages for me and while I'm at it I will increase
the number of junk messages floating around the internet". If I was a
customer of anyone who thought like that, I would do my best to take my
business else where.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh@??? <mailto:michaelh@jaswin.com.au>