[exim] Use of $recipients (or not)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jethro R Binks
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Use of $recipients (or not)
I was fiddling with some logging, and wanted to simplify something. In
brief, I wanted to define one macro for use in log_message that might be
called from several ACLs, including at RCPT time and at DATA time.

I heeded the sensible warning that $recipients was only available during
the DATA phase, so I crafted my macro so that it tested $recipients by
using ${if def:recipients { ... Unfortunately, that fails with:

unknown variable "recipients" after "def:"

It seems that $recipients really is an unknown entity until it springs
into being at DATA time. I was hoping/expecting that $recipients would
exist but be empty, allowing def: to be used.

I am not sure whether this is unclear documentation, or a bug, or a
feature request, but any comments welcome.

(What I will probably do instead is build my own acl_m variable in the
RCPT phase, and use that).

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK