Re: [exim] High CPU

Top Pagina
Auteur: Timothy Arnold
Aan: 'Jeroen van Aart', exim-users@exim.org
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] High CPU
> Could it be that it's not so much stuck but busy receiving the message
> data, perhaps it has a large attachment, and it's scanning the message
> while it's being downloaded.
>
> At least I noticed similar behaviour with a spam filter which does
> scanning of the content. That doesn't explain the part where it's being
> sent ok after a restart, but perhaps that's not really the case?

The messages are being sent outbound to another internal mail relay so it's not waiting for incoming data. If it was waiting for something, why would it be churning CPU?

I'm at a loss really!

Timothy Arnold
Senior Engineer, Operations (Network, Security & Facilities Group), UKSolutions

Telephone: 0845 004 1333, option 2
Email: timothy.arnold@???
Web: http://www.uksolutions.co.uk/
UKS Ltd, Birmingham Road, Studley, Warwickshire, B80 7BG Registered in England Number 3036806
This email must be read in conjunction with the legal & service notices on http://www.uksolutions.co.uk/disclaimer