Re: [exim] No retry after greylist reject

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Warren Baker
To: Keith Edmunds
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] No retry after greylist reject
2009/8/3 Keith Edmunds <kae@???>

> We're seeing outgoing mail rejected (as expected) because the far end is
> greylisting. However, Exim doesn't seem to be honouring the retry times
> and is failing immediately. From the logs:

> # exigrep vollands.com /var/log/exim4/* /var/log/old/mainlog.*
> 2009-08-01 18:48:16 1MDYww-0007FE-4A SMTP error from remote mail server
> after RCPT TO:<xxxxx@???>: host rhea.easily.co.uk
> [212.53.64.82]: 451 82.108.133.130 - You have been greylisted, please
> try later
>
> 2009-08-01 18:48:16 1MDYww-0007FE-4A == xxxxx@??? R=dnslookup
> T=remote_smtp defer (-44): SMTP error from remote mail server after
> RCPT TO:<xxxxx@???>: host easymx2.easily.co.uk [212.53.64.68]:
> 451 82.108.133.130 - You have been greylisted, please try later
>
> 2009-08-01 18:48:16 1MDYww-0007FE-4A ** xxxxx@???
> <xxxxx@???>: retry timeout exceeded
>
> 2009-08-01 18:48:16 1MDYww-0007FE-4A Completed

You don't mention which Exim version you running but possibly you might be
hitting the bug that was fixed in Exim v4.64?

From the ChangeLog:
PH/36 After a 4xx response to a RCPT error, that address was delayed (in
queue
      runs only) independently of the message's sender address. This meant
      that, if the 4xx error was in fact related to the sender, a different
      message to the same recipient with a different sender could confuse
      things. In particualar, this can happen when sending to a greylisting
      server, but other circumstances could also provoke similar problems.
      I have changed the default so that the retry time for these errors is
now
      based a combination of the sender and recipient addresses. This change
      can be overridden by setting address_retry_include_sender=false in the
      smtp transport.

.warren