[exim] problem with syslog_duplication

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: MarkdV
To: exim users
Betreff: [exim] problem with syslog_duplication
It not quite clear to me how this works.

In the spec. 49.4 it says:

- mainlog is mapped to LOG_INFO
- rejectlog is mapped to LOG_NOTICE
- paniclog is mapped to LOG_ALERT

"Many log lines are written to both mainlog and rejectlog, and some are
written to both mainlog and paniclog, so there will be duplicates if
these are routed by syslog to the same place. You can suppress this
duplication by setting syslog_duplication false."

What this leaves open/unanswered is; With no_syslog_duplicaton, what
happens to a line that is normally sent to both mainlog and rejectlog?
Is it sent as LOG_INFO or LOG_NOTICE?

I'm not sure how it is supposed to work but I think as-is it's
impossible to get an exact equivalent mainlog via syslog.

Been trying some things and I think there may actually be a bug when
setting syslog_duplication. Lines that are normally sent to both the
main and rejectlog are sent _twice_ as mail.info. Shouldn't that be one
copy to mail.info and one to mail.notice?

Cheers,
Mark.