Re: [exim] adding rbls...

Top Pagina
Auteur: Peter Bowyer
Aan: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] adding rbls...
On 31/07/2009, John Doe <jdmls@???> wrote:
> So those 2 lines are all it takes?
>  drop    dnslists      = zen.spamhaus.org
>          message       = $sender_host_address blacklisted by $dnslist_domain\n$dnslist_text

Use 'deny' rather than 'drop'. 'Drop' pulls the plug on the session,
and will mostly mean that your error message never reaches the sending
MTA. Whis is a problem in the case of false positives, and may trigger
an unwanted retry cycle.

> Would there be a way to download a rbl database to keep the checks local?

Check the T&Cs of the DNSBLs you're intending to use. Some want you to
do this, some insist on it, others don't want you to do it at all.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???