Re: [exim] specifying smtp server

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] specifying smtp server
Robert Holtzman wrote:
> I'm at a loss as to where to specify my isp's smtp server. Exim4
> installed with a plethora of configuration files and I'm getting cross
> eyed trying to hunt thru them. I looked at eximconfig but am unsure of
> some of the options. running a search showed sites that looked
> applicable but they referred to a single config file.
>
> I would appreciate a pointer or two. Thanks.

Sounds like you're using the Debian specific configuration system that
splits the configuration into lots of smaller configuration files.

What you basically need to do is described here:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch47.html#SECID240

If you are using Debian, there's probably some command you can run to
get it to automatically configure the magic, but you're better off
asking on the Debian specific Exim mailing list: