Re: [exim] Exim/email-related stream at UKUUG conference, Bi…

Author: Alain Williams
To: Exim Users, Philip Hazel
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim/email-related stream at UKUUG conference, Birmingham, 7/8/9-August-2009
On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:34:26AM +0100, Ian Eiloart wrote:

> No, that's only -0.416 years, not -1.5 years old. (But, five months in the
> future is still probably better than most software projects achieve! ;^)
>
> Ah, 20 Dec 2007.

Anyway - can I say sorry & please, pretty please, can we have suggestions
as to what we talk about when we discuss how we are to manage the future of
Exim next month.

To remind, my initial suggestions (I am certain that you can come up with better):

* Bug fixes - how we prioritise

* Enhancements - what new features do we need

* External changes - should we collect/merge back in ?
I am thinking of changes that Linux-distros/... may have made.

* Funding - could we pursuade some large corporates/... with a bit of funding
that could be used to pay someone to do this -- perhaps part time.

The conference details again:

    http://summer2009.ukuug.org/

I don't think that an conference talks timetable has been published yet.
Do you think that it would be useful to restrict the Exim BOF/sessions to
one of the 2 days, 8/9th (Sat/Sun), so that those who wanted to concentrate on
that could arrange to be there for 1 day ?

Regards

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256 http://www.phcomp.co.uk/