Re: [exim] Send to different SMTP based on address and not d…

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Send to different SMTP based on address and not domain
On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 06:18:42PM +0200, Alexandre NEY wrote:
> Basicly, we want to provide to our custommers 2 mail options :
>
> First mail option would transit through an exim gateway with spam assassin
> and mail scanner and then relayed to serverA
>
> Second mail option would transit through the same exim gateway and then
> relayed to serverB
>
> Until here, i think everything is still quite bearable by keeping a list of
> domain names pointing towards server A or B.
>
> Where it gets tricky is that some users belonging to the SAME domain will
> need to be hosted either on serverA or serverB. Is that possible ? Do you
> guys know how I could implement a solution like that ?

What is the logic to choose between A and B? For example, will you have a
file which lists all the local-parts which should be sent to A, and any
local-parts not listed in that file go to B?

Anyway, probably easy enough... delivery destinations are controlled by
routers, and there's nothing to say you only have to use the domain when
making routing decisions - you can use local-parts too, or the time of day, or
the size of the message, or ...

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch15.html

--
Dave Evans