Re: [exim] Exim .forward with Maildir

Author: Azher Mughal
To: Chris Wilson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim .forward with Maildir

Hi Chris,
Yes, i was missing the transport section :)
Thanks for details.
-Azher
Chris Wilson wrote:

Hi Azher,

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009, Azher Mughal wrote:

2009-07-02 19:54:25 1MMYup-00019N-TB == /home/azher/Maildir/.SPAM/
[1][1]<azher@???> R=userforward defer (-30): transport
"address_directory" not found in userforward router

Did you create a transport called address_directory? You don't show it in
the small excerpt of exim.conf that you posted. Either create one, or find
another way to deliver from the userforward router.

I have tried following the post, but no luck:

[2]http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spamassassin-users/200404.mbox/%3CN
AELLANKCCGNAJLGFMDFCEPCCPAA.tom@???%3E

If you follow the instructions of someone who failed to get it working,
then I'm not surprised that it didn't work for you either.

The only thing you need to do to enable Maildirs is add two lines to the
local_delivery *transport*:

        maildir_format
        directory = $home/Mail

Nothing else. You don't need to touch the userforward router at all. My
advice is to undo all the changes you made so far, make your config as
similar to the original one as possible, and then add just those two lines
to the local_delivery transport *and nothing else*.

Cheers, Chris.