[exim] Using %D in the logfile directive in a filter?

Author: Adam Funk
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Using %D in the logfile directive in a filter?
A while ago [1] I asked about getting a datestamp in the filename of
the log generated by an Exim filter. (Note that I'm talking about a
"~/.forward"-type filter on a user account, not Exim's main
configuration and logfiles.)

I was told that %D would expand to 20090602 as it does in Exim's own
logfiles, but it isn't working; the directive

logfile $home/mail_logs/test_%D.log

puts the file in "~/mail_logs/test_%D.log".

Am I doing something so silly I can't see it, or is this a bug, or was
I misinformed? (The server is running "Exim version 4.69 #1 built
30-Sep-2008 18:26:44", if that matters.)

Thanks,
Adam

[1]
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.exim.user/82624/