Re: [exim] Exim before-queue filtering?

Top Pagina
Auteur: W B Hacker
Aan: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Exim before-queue filtering?
Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Mike Cardwell wrote:

>>> Just off my head: can Exim store quarantine in a database? So that it can
>>> be accessed later by users from a web interface (pointers to working
>>> software would be welcome if it's possible)?
>> That would be quite easy to set up. If the "database" is a Maildir, and the
>> "web interface" is a webmail client which talks IMAP...
>
> If time was a cheap and infinite resource, yes, that would be quite easy to
> set up.
>
> Note that one may not necessarily want to have a webserver on the same box as
> the mail server, so the "Maildir database" would not work here.

Where the webserver is is not necessarily a limitation.

'Prayer' implements its own bespoke https(s) daemon.

But even that need not 'speak' directly to the outside world.
See also 'Perdition'

Webmin/Usermin webmail and others also are full IMAP and/or POP
capable to [multiple] servers *remote* to the one on which they run.

Very handy to a traveler for single-sign-on, multiple accounts on disparate
services from different providers.

> My point is, there are lots of additional software for amavisd-new (here: I
> would use MailZu) and I wouldn't like to re-invent the wheel just for Exim.

So long as your 'world' revolves around Amavis rather than the task at hand,
re-invent the wheel - to bring it into the Amavis fixation - is exactly what you
have elected to take on.

'up periscope' adn take a look around.

There are better and easier ways...

Bill