Re: [exim] Exim before-queue filtering?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Tomasz Chmielewski
Aan: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Exim before-queue filtering?
W B Hacker wrote:

>> amavisd will pass the message to clamdscan and spamassassin itself, and
>> offer some more goodies.
>>

> If amavis is primarily a 'dispatcher' maybe that's why it is hard to find examples.
>
> Exim has long had the ability to hand-off to ClAmAV, Sophos, et al, and
> SpamAssassin 'built -in'. Needs no 'government worker' overhead.
>
> It almost certainly has the other 'goodies' built-in as well.

Just off my head: can Exim store quarantine in a database? So that it
can be accessed later by users from a web interface (pointers to working
software would be welcome if it's possible)?

Can I monitor filtering with SNMP?

> Nothing wrong with Postfix - but it is about as close as it comes to a 'pure'
> smtp critter, so it DOES lay-off most of hte 'extras' to post-session worker bees.
>
> With Exim, smtp is just the sharp point of a whole arsenal of tools.
>
> Suggest you forget amavis and JFDI the Exim way. Essentially 100% 'in-session'.

I would, but it doesn't have all features I want.

(...)

> See above. IF you want to do that, you can use *anything*.

Anything, but amavis (amavisd-new) during the session ;)

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org