Re: [exim] Exim before-queue filtering?

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim before-queue filtering?
Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Chris Laif wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski<mangoo@???> wrote:
>>> OK, could you give me some examples here? Or point me to documentation
>>> which deals with it?
>>>
>> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch41.html
>
> Thanks for the link, but it's still a unclear for me how to do it?
>
> Perhaps I'm thinking too much in a Postfix way, but I'm unable to
> produce a working setup to pass the message to amavis _before_ it's
> accepted by Exim.

Read up on Exim's use of the 'acl'.

Look at examples on acl_smtp_data wherein mime checking is done and messages are
handed-off to ClamAV, Kaspersky, F-prot, Sophos, and/or SpamAssassin, their
'opinion' awaited, then the messages either passed clean, passed with 'demerits'
and potential quarantine, or rejected as malware / spam.

All this is DURING the smtp session.

I can't personally tell you where to fit Amavisd, as I've never used it.

But Google turns up over 100,000 hits for 'Amavisd with Exim' so there must be
at least ten decent examples in there somewhere.

Go have a look....

If Amavisd cannot be used in-session, then move up to one of the above that can be.

Bill