Re: [exim] DKIM and DomainKeys

Author: Rick Cooper
To: 'Tom Kistner', 'Gordon Dickens'
CC: 'Exim_Users_Group'
Subject: Re: [exim] DKIM and DomainKeys
----Original Message----
From: exim-users-bounces@??? [mailto:exim-users-bounces@exim.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Kistner Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 8:07 AM
To: Gordon Dickens
Cc: Exim_Users_Group

> Gordon Dickens wrote:
>
>> Great to hear that your DKIM implementation is in CVS with documentation
>> to follow shortly. Do you have any idea when your DKIM implementation
>> will be officially released? I assume that it will be included in the
>> next release of exim, maybe version 4.70? I was just wondering what the
>> projected time frame is for the next release of exim. Its been a while
>> since the 4.69 release.....
>
> The plan is to release a 4.70 once the docs are finished (unless someone
> else objects?).

I wouldn't say exactly object, but some what unhappy. Since domainkeys has
been dropped I obviously won't be able to check a domainkeys signature when
one exists. While DKIM is certainly the standard today I would bet it will
take as long for people to move to DKIM as it did for them to adopt
domainkeys and that leaves spamassassin to check the domainkeys sigs (after
I accept) and no way to sign domainkeys for those that add points for a
valid DK signature but have not yet adopted DKIM. On the other hand the
integral DKIM implementation is very much a big plus.

Rick

believed to be clean.