Re: [exim] SMTP AUTH

Top Pagina
Auteur: W B Hacker
Aan: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] SMTP AUTH
Jörgen Tegnér wrote:
> Hi,
>
> new to the list, please excuse me if this has been handled before.
>
> When exim connects to my ISPs mailserver mailout.telia.com, it replies that
> its name is pne-smtpout1.glb.skanova.net
> Checking the nameserver confirms that mailout is just an alias for the
> longer name.
>
> Entering mailout.telia.com:user:password results in a failed connection,
> changing to the alias works.
>
> Shouldn't exim be ablie to connect using both the alias and the real
> mailserver name?
>
> The version is exim 4.69, from debian unstable
>
> /Jlörgen

'...just an alias' may be what the DNS reflects, but what the actual server -
and/or the router, firewall, proxy, cache, NAT box it (or *several* such 'its'
in a pool) MAY be behind, wants to see is another matter.

IOW - doesn't look like an Exim failing, and you'll need to just go with what works.

Bill