Re: [exim] New spammer check: too many PTRs

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Exim Users
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] New spammer check: too many PTRs
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 12:23:38 -0400 Aaron Wolfe <aawolfe@???> wrote:

..<snip snip>...

> Last I checked into this issue, the RFCs do not explicitly allow or
> disallow multiple PTRs. This translated to inconsistent behavior in
> the real world as some resolvers can understand them and some can't.
> Unless things have changed, I don't think quite legal or less common is
> really the correct term for this, more like good luck and say a prayer.
> But maybe something new has happened?

Actualy, the RFCs are very clear that multiple PTR records are allowed for
single IP addresses.

Refernces:
RFC 2181 Section 10.2

RFC 1034 Section 5.2.1 sub-section 2
      "A type PTR query is used to get the RR with the primary name of
      the host.  For example, a request for the host name
      corresponding to IP address 1.2.3.4 looks for PTR RRs for
      domain name "4.3.2.1.IN-ADDR.ARPA"."

Please take note of the "looks for the PTR RRs", 'resouce records', not
just 'resource record'.

..<snip snip>...

--

--EAL--