Re: [exim] build exim from src.rpm without libpq

Author: Todd Lyons
To: kig
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] build exim from src.rpm without libpq
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 10:23 AM, <kig@???> wrote:
> Hi, i've got question - how to build exim from src.rpm withpout libpq? I've built exim but after OS upgrade exim still tried to load an older version  libpq.so.4.

Install the src rpm, edit the spec file removing the postgres
requirement, adjust the %configure or ./configure line to not include
postgres support, adjust the %files section to not have any postgres
related files. I do not know which src rpm you are using, so I do not
know if everything is in one rpm, or if it creates separate exim
exim-mysql exim-postgres etc rpms. If it's creating separate rpms,
you'll need to remove entirely the lines which create the
exim-postgres package (it doesn't sound like that is your case). In
either case, rebuild the rpm using the modified spec file, and
install.

--
Regards...      Todd