[exim] Restrict sending to hotmail from non network address

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Frank DeChellis
To: Exim-users
Betreff: [exim] Restrict sending to hotmail from non network address
Hi there,

Exim 4.67

Although our IP address is not listed with symantec, senderbase, orbs,
spamcop or anybody else, hotmail.com has us blocked and are offering me very
little information other than cut and paste answers. Occasionally I get
info to work with, but it¹s been frustrating. I know they are a big company
and I will not get somebody specific to deal with.

I have found that some spam is getting to them via accounts we have
forwarded/aliased to hotmail. I want a script that would stop mail from
being sent to hotmail.com if it doesn¹t originate on our network. I thought
this would work, but no such luck:

 deny    message       = Cannot send mail from IAW server to certain domains
if you are not connected to IAW Network IAW-Error-991
           domains       = +picky_domains
           hosts         = !+relay_from_hosts

Picky_domains being a file that has hotmail.com listed in it.

Relay_from_hosts being a list of IPs permitted to use my SMTP

I think my problem is that when the users sends from outside it¹s their IP
to my users, address. And when it gets forwarded it¹s my address to
hotmail, so I think the above rule never gets executed. Would that be
correct?

If so, would there be a way to write a rule that restrict email from being
forwarded/redirected to a certain domain, but email allowed if one of my
users sends it directly?

This is killing me.

Thanks
Frank