[exim] postfix ssl_accept error and exim remote_smtp defer …

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jelle de Jong
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] postfix ssl_accept error and exim remote_smtp defer terminated by signal 11
Hello everybody,

This week I have been working on a problem for one of my clients. I
maintain a postfix server for them that is trying receiving mail from an
other exim server of some other hosting company.

When the hosting companies exim sends an email to my postfix system, my
systems tries to start a starttls connection after this the connection
is terminated and the postfix logs shows a ssl_accept error.

I received some debug logs from the hosting company of the exim server
and there logs show a smtp transport process terminated by signal 11.

I also did some other testings and when I disable starttls on my postfix
server the exim server has no problem sending mail to my system.

I also showed all my reports and configurations to the postfix team and
they don't see a direct indication that there is something wrong with
the postfix systems.

I have organized all debug logs from both sides into the attached
tarball. I hope somebody is willing to have a look at them and maybe see
what the heck is going wrong.

server-a is the exim server of the hosting company the files are filtered.
server-b is my postfix server all information can be made public.

I really hope somebody can help me out here. If more information is
needed please tell me and i will try to arrange it.

Thanks in advance,

Jelle de Jong