Re: [exim] time-of-day ACLs

Author: Yan Seiner
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] time-of-day ACLs
Ian Eiloart wrote:

> --On 16 June 2009 08:17:21 -0700 Yan Seiner <yan@???> wrote:
>

>> I'd like to be able to deny access to specific users at specific
>> times of
>> day.
>>
>> At times other than these Joe's access to the smtp server should be
>> denied. I'd like to be able to do this on a per-user basis.
>

> It would be interesting to the reason for limiting usage.

Well, it's mostly to see if I can. ;-) OTOH, my kids have discovered
computers in a big way and they've also discovered that they can waste a
huge amount of time sitting in front of them. So we've come to an
agreement that certain things will be limited; web access (via squid),
TV (via mythtv) and email will only work during certain times of day.
That way they *know* they don't work, and while they can still get email
from friends they can't reply.

So far it's working - they'd rather go to the park and play than sit in
front of a dead box. :-)

--Yan

--
Yan Seiner