Re: [exim] Randomised delivery

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Oli
A: Jethro R Binks
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Randomised delivery

<snippity...>

> Not answering your question directly, but to make your life a bit easier
> and allow more precise testing, what you might do is be more selective in
> your router:
>
> ## Throttled forward to MX servers of arbitrary (non-local non-relay) domains
> ## This might not actually do any good, but it illustrates the idea
> remote_domains_throttled:
> driver = dnslookup
> domains = +throttled_domains
> transport = remote_smtp_remote_throttled
>
> Then in the transport:
>
> # This one is to certain off-campus hosts
> remote_smtp_remote_throttled:
> driver = smtp
> connection_max_messages = 5
> serialize_hosts = *
>
> and populate +throttled_domains with suitable recipient domains (somewhat
> experimentally, I have Yahoo and BTInternet domains in there).
>
> Not sure you should need to be fiddling with the *_timeout options
> though...
>
> Jethro.

That's a very interesting idea... I saw the serialise_hosts option but
thought it would be too much work to maintain host/mx lists. So this
way we can serialise to a static *domain* list.

That'd probably help a lot actually, I'll give it a go - cheers! :-)

(Yeah, I should probably take the timeouts out now, was just experimenting)

Thanks,
-Oli