[exim] Randomised delivery

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Oli
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Randomised delivery
Afternoon All,

I have an interesting problem delivering large quantities of email to
Hotmail and related addresses from Mailman. It seems like the sort of
thing which would already have been solved but I can't spot it in the
manuals.

The problem comes from Exim being rather clever at keeping track of
which hosts on a huge list of deliveries to use: it organises the
deliveries in the best order to minimise the number of connections.

What happens then is Hotmail will start 'temporarily' blocking every
time I swamp it and it can take several days for deliveries to complete.

The best I seem to be able to do it reduce the number of parallel
deliveries, though what I'd really like to do is totally randomise the
delivery pattern.

The transport config below seems to be the best I can come up with from
the docs, but I'm hoping there's something I've missed - has anyone else
here tried this to Hotmail?

Thanks very much in advance!

Cheers,
-Oli

remote_smtp:
    driver = smtp
    hosts_avoid_tls = *
    # Timeout waiting for response to any command, including initial banner
    command_timeout = 15s
    # Timeout waiting for initial TCP connection
    connect_timeout = 20s
    # Timeout waiting for each data block to be transmitted
    # This defaults to five minutes.  It is affected by message size
    # and our connection.  We should be transmitting very small messages.
    data_timeout = 20s
    # Timeout waiting for final '.' of data connection.
    # May need to wait for virus/spam scanners here, so allow a bit more
    final_timeout = 30s
    # Send messages to the same host singularly. Hotmail and others
    # firewall us otherwise.
    max_rcpt = 1
    connection_max_messages = 1
    multi_domain = false

--
Oli Comber
Systems Developer

4-10 Barttelot Rd Horsham West Sussex RH12 1DQ
M: +44 (0)77255 82405 T: +44 (0)870 881 5097 F: +44 (0)870 116 0793

3aIT Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
CoReg: 3866698 VATReg: 771388600

Visit www.3aIT.co.uk for Design, Systems, Support

Disclaimer:
The information contained within this email is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or distribution of
this email is prohibited and may be unlawful. The content of this email
represents the views of the individual and not necessarily 3aIT Limited.
3aIT Limited reserves the right to monitor the content of all emails in
accordance with lawful business practice. Whilst every effort is made to
ensure that attachments are free from computer viruses before
transmission, 3aIT Limited does not accept any liability in respect of
any virus that is not detected.
3aIT Limited