Re: [exim] greylisting

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] greylisting
Ian P. Christian wrote:
> 2009/6/8 David Woodhouse <dwmw2@???>:
>> I'd suggest reading http://wiki.exim.org/SimpleGreylisting -- the prose
>> sets out some things that you may want to think about regardless of
>> which greylisting implementation you use, and then there's an example
>> Exim configuration which shouldn't suffer most of the stupid problems
>> that postgrey does.
>
> There's actually a flaw in this implementation here.
>
> # Generate a hashed 'identity' for the mail, as described above.
> warn set acl_m_greyident =
> ${hash{20}{62}{$sender_address$recipients$h_message-id:}}
>
> Because it's common at the moment to get a mail to someone sent from
> their own address without a message ID, hash clashes occour.
>
> I'm currently not sure of the best way to d eal with this - perahps
> adding the Subject line into the hash...
>
> Perhaps I should just block mail sent from someone, to themselves,
> with a null message ID.

Got me confused....

- If the message is 'outbound' it has not (and will not) see *your* greylisting,

- but 'should' get a message_ID generated and added by the MTA if there was none
(to self or otherwise). Simple option, 'owed' to our fellow MTA admins anyway,
and 'kinder' to Em Mess Dose hag-ridden et al than blocking.

.. or at least less hassle than arguing with 'em about 'upgrading' or 'standards'.

;-)

Bill