Re: [exim] Using reverse_host_lookup with user defined IP ad…

Author: Ian P. Christian
To: W B Hacker
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Using reverse_host_lookup with user defined IP address
2009/6/9 W B Hacker <wbh@???>:
>> verify = reverse_host_lookup/$acl_c5
>>

> Is the 'defined IP address in acl_c5 expected to:
>
> - be the IP of a specific resolver (and no other) to be *used* for lookups?
> - hold a selected IP to be (re) validated via whatever resolvers are available?

This was perhaps vague. I meant the 2nd option. I wish to check that
an IP (pulled out from Received headers by a perl sub, mail is being
received via Postini's anti spam service which proxies SMTP -
unfortunately that's the only way to get the real senders IP) is
'valid'.

I can of course write another perl method to do the check, it just
seems to me that it wold be sensible for reverse_host_lookup to do it.
But.... It seems I'm the first person to ask for it, so perhaps not
:)

--
Blog: http://pookey.co.uk/blog
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ipchristian