Re: [exim] greylisting

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Woodhouse
A: Terry
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] greylisting
On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 17:19 +0100, Terry wrote:
> So I guess there server just

Where server?

> never retried after being grey listed at least not from the same host.

Why would you require them to retry from the _same_ host?

That seems unnecessary and silly -- many sites will punt 'problematic'
mails to another host to be retried periodically, to keep the mail queue
on the main servers clear.

> Other than not greylisting I take it theres no way of avoiding the
> odd incident like this

Er, how about greylisting sensibly, instead of badly? :)

> ( using postgrey by the way ) .

Ah, that explains it. Postgrey is one of the worst implementations of
greylisting I've ever encountered. Why aren't you just using Exim's
native capabilities?

I'd suggest reading http://wiki.exim.org/SimpleGreylisting -- the prose
sets out some things that you may want to think about regardless of
which greylisting implementation you use, and then there's an example
Exim configuration which shouldn't suffer most of the stupid problems
that postgrey does.

There are still trade-offs which are fundamental to the nature of
greylisting, of course, but most of them can be significantly minimised.
Especially in comparison with postgrey.

--
dwmw2