Re: [exim] Unable to send email from email clients

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Unable to send email from email clients
W B Hacker wrote:

>>> Sorry, but I fail to understand what point you're trying to make.
>>> Your *public facing* MTA does have a valid PTR RR and your
>>> envelope from doesn't use RFC1918 either. So your real problem is
>>> most probably the fact, that your HELO uses completely different
>>> domain than the PTR points to:
>> Which could easily be fixed by adding this to the smtp transport:
>>
>> helo_data = ${lookup dnsdb{ptr=$sending_ip_address}}
>>
> Really?

Yes. Take a moment to read the comment I was replying to, and the reply
I provided. I've quoted it above for you.

> How does the fix-all-the-ills-of-the-world dnsb get around the issue that
> zen.co.uk runs a de-facto 'spam-friendly' dynamic-IP block, to wit:

What has that got to do with anything I said? Sometimes it seems your
ability to understand English is as bad as your ability to write it.

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/