Re: [exim] Unable to send email from email clients

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Martin A. Brooks
Para: Peter Bowyer
CC: exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Unable to send email from email clients
On 07/06/2009 18:57, Peter Bowyer wrote:
> 2009/6/7 Martin A. Brooks<martin@???>:
>
>> And, yes, I know I'll get my usual bounce from your mail server when it
>> throws away yet another perfectly legitimate non-spam email, because I
>> dare to send email from my home ADSL connection, starting the email in
>> RFC1918 space, with no matching reverse DNS.
>>

> As I'm sure you've also found, there's enough of the internet that
> share's Bill's view to make it a distinct disadvantage to the
> deliverability of your mail to do this. Your call, of course, but the
> genie's out of the bottle on this one.

Actually, Bill stands alone at the moment. He's the only person who's
ever "Administratively prohibited" my emails in the 3 years this email
address has been in use.

Still, Bill's server, his rules. Makes no real difference to me other
than I dislike this sort of nonsense being mistaken for what the rules
actually say.