Re: [exim] matching envelope from and from

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] matching envelope from and from
Mark Little wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Jun 2009 01:04:00 +0800, W B Hacker <wbh@???> wrote:
>> ('C9' is my ninth acl clause in acl_smtp_connect).
>>
>> Notes:
>>
>> C3A and C3B do most of the work. C7, an RBL call, and C9, an 'lsearch'
> of
>> local regular-expression blacklist, are very seldom reached.
>>
>> CAVEAT: Draconian!
>>
>> IF you use anything of this sort, first test effects on *your*
> environment
>> with
>> a 'warn' before converting to a 'deny'.
>>
>> Also effective.
>>
>> conducive# grep -c res.rr.com /var/log/exim/rejectlog
>> 457
>>
>> And *zero* complaints from user base of lost 'genuine' traffic from Road
>> Runner.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Bill
>>

> Hey there,
>
> I was wondering if I could please get a copy of (some of) your ACLs?
>
> I have recently been tasked with redoing our exim config to try and cut
> down on the spam that is hitting our users. We host a lot of domains that
> are 5+ years old so they receive a lot of spam...
>

> Thanks in advance!
>
> -- Mark

'In due course'.

I have a 240-line (with comments and whitespace) cut-down of a 3000+ line
~/configure file now in test. That size is expected to remain under 400 lines
and be very 'universal'. The 'parent' is nothing of the sort.

But I really *am* 'retired' and this week's priority is sorting lodging in Vale
d'Aosta and Piemonte so we don't have to sleep in the Lancia....

;-)

Bill