Re: [exim] ACL condition not doing what I expect

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ted Cooper [Exim-users]
Aan: exim users
CC:
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] ACL condition not doing what I expect
On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 00:19:05 +0100, "Martin A. Brooks"
<martin@???> wrote:
>> Put the condition *before* the expansion, so that it exits when:
>>
>> '${if exists... (NOT)
>>
>> ... and does not attempt to (re) set the variable.
>
> Yeah, I was thinking that to some extent. But then this doesn't, for
> me, logically tie in with how many of my other ACLs work where there are
> mulitple conditions stacked below a "warn message =" or "deny message
> =" clause.

The "message" and "log_message" expansions are stored when encountered, but
explicitly left until the rest of the ACL passes to trigger the message
being used. Most other expansions occur when they are encountered.

The specifics of the behaviour of message and log_message are mentioned in
Chapter 40 near ACL Verbs but I don't think it specifically mentioned that
the expansion is delayed there.

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch40.html#SECID200

--
The Exim Manual