Re: [exim] forward single users to another mta

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Oli
A: Stefan Lubitz
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] forward single users to another mta
Hi Stefan,

I can't give you too many specifics below offhand, I'd have to study the
(fantastic) documentation at exim.org, but here's an outline of how it
should work.

If we assume that there is no pattern to the usernames where they should
be forwarded, then somehow you need to look up their destination.

Exim can handle several different kinds of lookup - file, database.

Essentially, you need to set up different routers for the purpose and
set conditions on those routers.

The local deliveries should be allowed to fall all the way through the
routers until they reach your 'accept' router, tied to an appendfile
transport.

The ones which are to be remote need to be swallowed by one of the first
routers - probably using 'redirect' to change the domain of the email
manually, tied to a 'remote_smtp' transport to forward it to the other
mailserver, which would have to have DNS set and accept mail for this
subdomain.

A 'condition' on the router would decide whether it swallows that mail,
something like:

condition = ${lookup mysql {FORWARDTHIS}{$value}}

Where FORWARDTHIS is previously defined as something like:

FORWARDTHIS=SELECT 1 FROM emailtable WHERE
domain='{$quite_mysql:$domain}' AND
localpart='${quote_mysql:$local_part}' AND
acceptfor!='${quote_mysql:mymailservername}

(I can't remember the exact lookup var for the local mailserver name
offhand)

Or, if you don't want to set up a DB, you could instead move the home
dirs of those you are migrating to a subtly different location and use
the router condition to break apart the user home path and test this.

HTH,

-Oli

--
Oli Comber
Systems Developer

4-10 Barttelot Rd Horsham West Sussex RH12 1DQ
M: +44 (0)77255 82405 T: +44 (0)870 881 5097 F: +44 (0)870 116 0793

3aIT Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
CoReg: 3866698 VATReg: 771388600

Visit www.3aIT.co.uk for Design, Systems, Support

Disclaimer:
The information contained within this email is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or distribution of
this email is prohibited and may be unlawful. The content of this email
represents the views of the individual and not necessarily 3aIT Limited.
3aIT Limited reserves the right to monitor the content of all emails in
accordance with lawful business practice. Whilst every effort is made to
ensure that attachments are free from computer viruses before
transmission, 3aIT Limited does not accept any liability in respect of
any virus that is not detected.
3aIT Limited