Re: [exim] 419 spammer - Help with AUTH ACL

Top Pagina
Auteur: Mike Cardwell
Aan: Exim Users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] 419 spammer - Help with AUTH ACL
W B Hacker wrote:

> Going forward with a new Webmail client, we're looking at 'also' having the
> Webmail user select from a randomly-positioned graphic - one among several -
> with a mouse-click - as has been used by some of the financial services giants.
> Pity some of those paid less rigourous attention to the rest of their 'core'
> business (Countrywide).
>
> The html has to use a call for the graphic that is essentially 'one time' coded,
> whilst the back-end relates the choice - 'out of sight' - to the specific user
> and no other. Fortunately, our back-end for auth is PostgreSQL, so the
> flexibility is already there.

That sounds like the "select the picture" section on the signup form for
https://www.localphone.com/register

I don't get those things. They're meant to stop automated machines from
signing up, yet in reality all they do is make the automated machine
make on average three HTTP requests rather than one, in order to sign
up. Completely useless.

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/