Re: [exim] single quote question / problem

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Assunto: Re: [exim] single quote question / problem
Nathan Hruby wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I was doing a quick proof of concept today and ran into an issue that
> I believe I've tracked down to exim treating the single quote
> character specially in some cases. For instance, given the following
> config:

Nathan,

Apologies I don't have more time at the moment, so this is *not definitive* (but
IS 'pragmatic' - many years of production use on many servers..).

A quick grep of my pgsql SQL calls finds single quotes used:

- ALWAYS around Exim 'built-in' variables

- ONLY around Exim 'built-in' variables AND string-literals

===

As in: '${quote_mysql:$local_part}'      <===>  '${quote_pgsql:$local_part}'

And:

${lookup pgsql{INSERT into brownlist (pg_when, pg_why, pg_ip, ....... \
VALUES ('$tod_log','RUD','$sender_host_address', .........

Where 'RUD' is a label set right there at that point, has no other appearance.

BUT *NO* use of single-quotes where the element is NOT an Exim variable or
string-literal:

Ex: Where you have:

AND user_status_type = 'active'

I have:

AND pg_active                (no quotes)

(boolean type here, so equality test need not be specified)

===

AFAICS, this sort of quoting is an *SQL* requirement, not an Exim-specific one.

HTH

Bill Hacker