Re: [exim] rewrite subject conditionally on To: field

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: ROGERS Richard
Para: David Mathog, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] rewrite subject conditionally on To: field
David Mathog wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Mail to "joeuser@???", where target.edu runs exim, in some
> cases was originally sent to an alias on another mail system which
> forwarded them.  Let's say that forwarding address was
> "AKA@???".  These appear on the exim machine with headers
> like:

> From: sender@???
> To: AKA@???
> Subject: test
>
> and are delivered to joeuser.
>
> What exim configuration rules would one use to convert the subject
> line on ONLY the messages originally sent to "AKA@???" from:
>
> Subject: test

> Subject: [AKA] test
>
> ?
>
> All other messages should retain their original Subject line.  The
> purpose for doing this is to give a visual indication of the type of
> message received - otherwise in most mail clients the AKA origin of
> the message isn't exposed until the message is opened and more
> headers are shown to the user.

> These rewrites would apply only to this one user. Can this be done
> in a .forward file or must it be entered in the general configuration
> with some sort of conditional on the Envelope-to and To: headers?
>
> Thank you,
>
> David Mathog
> mathog@???

Where it's only for one user, I'd normally look first to see if it could
be done using a client side setting. This looks like something that
could probably be done for example using Outlook rules to place the
message into a separate folder (rather than necessarily change the
subject header).

Regards

Richard

--
Richard Rogers
IT Development and Innovation Manager

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your computer.