[exim] rewriting a date header - how?

Author: Jeffrey 'jf' Lim
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] rewriting a date header - how?
hi guys, I am having problems figuring out through the documentation (and
the list archives) how to rewrite a date header in exim.

Everybody seems to want to talk about rewriting addresses instead (although
I dont really have a use case for this). But what about rewriting other
headers?

My search and reading of the documentation led me to thinking that perhaps
the 'headers_rewrite' option would do it - except that when I try it out, I
get a 'missing rewrite replacement string'. But then I read the doc again -
and even 'headers_rewrite' (
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch24.html) mentions
'addresses'?

So what can I use to rewrite a Date: header that gets messed up by a sending
mta over which i have no control?

I have considered using the 'transport_filter' option - but at this point in
time, if exim can do it, I would rather have exim do it, than an external
script for what really should be a simple rewrite.

thanks,
-jf

--
In the meantime, here is your PSA:
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not