Re: [exim] helo_data with interface = with multiple IP's

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dave Lugo
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] helo_data with interface = with multiple IP's
from spec.txt:

-interface-Use: smtp-Type: string list*-Default: unset-

This option specifies which interface to bind to when making an outgoing
SMTP
call. The value is an IP address, not an interface name such as "eth0". Do
not
confuse this with the interface address that was used when a message was
received, which is in $received_ip_address, formerly known as
$interface_address. The name was changed to minimize confusion with the
outgoing interface address. There is no variable that contains an outgoing
interface address because, unless it is set by this option, its value is
unknown.

During the expansion of the interface option the variables $host and
$host_address refer to the host to which a connection is about to be made
during the expansion of the string. Forced expansion failure, or an empty
string result causes the option to be ignored. Otherwise, after expansion,
the
string must be a list of IP addresses, colon-separated by default, but the
separator can be changed in the usual way. For example:

interface = <; 192.168.123.123 ; 3ffe:ffff:836f::fe86:a061

The first interface of the correct type (IPv4 or IPv6) is used for the
outgoing
connection. If none of them are the correct type, the option is ignored.
If
interface is not set, or is ignored, the system's IP functions choose
which
interface to use if the host has more than one.

Have you tried '$interface' ?

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC