Re: [exim] redirect driver + transport choice

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Marcin Gryszkalis
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] redirect driver + transport choice
On Tuesday of May 26 2009, W B Hacker wrote:
> > Sounds heretic ;)
> With my surname you expected conventional?

I wouldn't dare :)

> I meant 'just for the routers and transports that need to do weird stuff'
>
> That adds perhaps 4 lines to each of perhaps 5 or 6 routers and their
> matching transports so they can pull directly from the DB and not rely on a
> semi-local, sei-global, neither, both, sometimes, variable.

I read my questions and your answers again and now I think I understand what
you mean.

> One transport ordinarily may be called by more than one router.
> Conventionally, one router is expected to call one, and only one, transport
> - but doesn't mean it cannot 'choose' *which* of several.

I know that as at the beginning I tried to do it.

> > Wondering why exim doesn't have generic variable system, where I could
> > define arbitrary variables, assign anything I want to them etc...
>
> It does. In acl_c and acl_m. You can grant yourself 'many' more than the
> default in the build configure.
> Not yet in router/transports, though. I've suggested acl_r for those, but
> so far no takers.

Right, but don't call that "generic", numbering variables sounds... well...
You say exim config is NOT programming language? ;)

> > to = ${lookup mysql {SELECT sms FROM user WHERE
> > username='${quote_mysql: $local_part}' AND
> > domain='${quote_mysql:$domain}'}{$value}}
>
> Yo might want to employ a 'LIMIT 1' in those...

Not needed as username+domain forms unique primary key.

> You can limit size with an acl in acl_smtp_data.

but that includes other (than Subject:) headers

> You can even map the message to more terse text.
> Look, for example, at all the things SpamAssassin does (or CAN do) during
> the DATA phase while the session is still in-process.

Right, flexibility is what makes me use exim.

greetings
--
Marcin Gryszkalis, PGP 0x9F183FA3
jabber jid:mg@???, gg:2532994