Re: [exim] rate limit on local accounts?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ian Eiloart
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: B. Cook, Graeme Fowler
Υ/ο: exim users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] rate limit on local accounts?

--On 20 May 2009 09:47:08 -0400 "B. Cook" <bcook@???>
wrote:

> This was a squirrel mail account (webmail) where the imap server and
> smtp server all live on the same machine.

We rate limit mail from our webmail server. We've also found it useful to
disable use of alternate email addresses - it

1. makes the accounts less attractive to phishers,
2. means that the account owners tend to notice when their accounts are
abused!
3. makes it easier for us to do the rate limiting
4. makes it easier for us to find and stop abuse when it occurs.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex