Re: [exim] Usage of dnsdb primary mx

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dave Evans
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Usage of dnsdb primary mx
On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 07:34:09PM +0200, Thomas Klaver wrote:
> Is it possible to retrieve the highest prioritized MX record using a
> dnsdb lookup? If so, how?
> How would dnsdb affect a server's load? We're talking about a fallback
> platform for approximately 500+ domains - and growing.

How are you planning to use dnsdb? Hopefully not by accepting mail for any
domain whose MXs include your server name... besides, @mx_any does that, but
it's still unwise to use that as the sole means of controlling which domains
can use your server.

> Are results of a dnsdb lookup cached? If that may be the case, for how
> long are they cached?

Forgive me for not answering your question, but... get yourself a caching DNS
resolver on localhost, and make sure it respects the DNS TTLs.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/