Re: [exim] Permission denied when opening autoreply once DB

Author: David Banks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Permission denied when opening autoreply once DB
David Banks wrote:
> Does Exim drop privileges or switch to a different user ID when writing
> this DB file? Why is it unable to write this file?

I have solved this issue. I needed to specify the group owning the
directory as the 'group' option of the transport, rather than the group
of the Exim user. In the example, changing it from 'mail' to 'ooo'
fixed the problem. Then the gid gets set properly, which means the
database gets written properly. I had assumed that just being a member
of a certain group would be enough to enable writing to that directory.

Cheers,
David