Re: [exim] Debian and Exim

Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Debian and Exim
On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 16:46 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> There is really no reason to send people who ask specific, prepared
> and answerable questions to the Debian mailing list just on sight of
> the word "split". It's the same thing, it's just distributed into
> different files.

Indeed. However, my brief skim of the archives just now tells me that
the majority of questioners who get redirected do so because the part of
the config they're messing with is *not* an Exim configuration file (or
snippet thereof), rather it's one of the option files used by the
configurator which then generates the complete Exim config.

Also, again the majority of redirects are for people who have quite
clearly not asked the question of the Debian mailing list where the
experts reside.

Yes, occasionally someone (and I've done it myself, I admit) asks a
perfectly legitimate question and gets punted for simply mentioning the
word "Debian". However, from my reading of the state of play those are
relatively few and far between.

Graeme