Re: [exim] Delivery of queued mails

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Delivery of queued mails
Laurent Le Moine wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I put a message header file and a message data file in the
> /var/spool/exim/input/ directory, and change the owner of those files
> with a chown exim:exim command, will Exim send this message?
>
> Those files are well-formed Exim spool files.
>
> Thanks.

Unless you have inordinately long intervals between queue runners, 'ls' will
give you the answer faster than we can respond to your post...

;-)

IOW - 'Yes IF'

- those are in fact the correct UID:GID for your environment

- rwx perms as well as ownership are correct

- either a message in transit OR a 'cleanup' (scheduled) queue-runner has been
fired-off since you dropped the files there.

CAVEAT: Depending on workload, it might not catch them on the first pass.

ELSE: You can also manually kick them into play with a CLI call

Question NOT asked ... w/r 'well-formed' - if you need to know the details of
what Exim places there, set Exim to 'queue_only' and restart exim with no, or
greatly-delayed '-qXX(n)'

Send in a test message, cp it off the queue, set exim back to 'normal' and restart.

Analyze the samples at leisure, noting how Exim saves the acl variables and such.

Otherwise, you may have to be pretty fleet of finger ELSE running heavy loads or
having retry build-ups to catch yourself a sample at all.

Bill