Re: [exim] Recipient whitelisting from dnslist check

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Recipient whitelisting from dnslist check
Alvaro Uría wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've seen how to whitelist a domain (domainlist) or a host (hostlist)
> from RBL checking but I don't know if it can be done for a few
> recipients (ie. localpart@???), and how would be done (note it
> wouldn't be a general whitelist, only for bypassing RBL checks).
>
> Thanks in advance :)
>
> Regards,
> Alvaro.

   # DATA_SCAN_9A: IF VIP-from THEN exempt from further testing
   #
    accept
     log_message = DS9A allowing message from $header_from:
      condition = ${if match{$header_from:}{exampleuser@???}{yes}{no}}
    endpass

One can use a list lookup or DB search instead of a hard-coded address.

This one is in production with a single 'real' address' as we seldom need it.

Other options used in the past include short groups of $header_from: against
short lists of $local_part and/or $domain to cover an assymetrical 'set' of
branch office staff to HQ AND NO OTHERS (on that link) wherein there were dodgy
MUA or sub-par ISP's that were rejecting on more general tests.

More than one way to do this, and more than one place you can / may need to
apply the test & grant a pass.

HTH,

Bill