Re: [exim] is this possible with exim

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dave Evans
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] is this possible with exim
(bringing back to the list...)

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 09:55:26AM +0200, isolderj@??? wrote:
> Sorry if it was vague but what I am after is this. I have a number of
> cellphone numbers i want to send an alert to what i would like to do is to
> send a email to a specific email address and then for it to be rerrouted to
> an exim box. On the exim box it must parse the email address in the router
> and then extract the cellphone numbers and parse the to a transport that
> will then send it to a pipe transport and send sms's using a preconfigured
> script.

Assuming you've already got the script that sends SMS messages working, then
it's certainly possible do have Exim do that kind of thing.

You'll need at least the following parts:

- a redirect router to expand the single "list" address into the individual
list of recipients;

- a router which then routes each of those recipients to a pipe transport;

- a pipe transport which invokes the script.

I don't know what point your starting from (no Exim? Exim with a default
config? Exim with a debian exim4 config? Something else?) so it's hard to
say how best to start this. Have a read of the spec, and if/when you have
more questions that you can't answer via the usual methods (FAQ, Google, etc),
post back to this list with more specific questions and we'll see if we can
help.

Good luck,

--
Dave Evans