[exim] Authentication with client certificates

Autor: Andreas Barth
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Authentication with client certificates
Hi,

I'm trying to setup exim (plus gnutls) so that each user can specify
client certificates to be accepted in his name.

I'm currently failing at the point that I can extract the DN of the
final accepted certificate, but that's only half way. What I really
would like to log is which user specified the "top" certificate that
was used for authentication, plus the full trust chain down till the
final certificate.

AFAICS currently, this doesn't seem to be supported by exim (neither
the chain, nor the mark which top level one was used). Is this
correct, or did I miss something?

Cheers,
Andi