Re: [pcre-dev] bug found in last version (7.9)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John Brown
Cc: pcre-dev
Asunto: Re: [pcre-dev] bug found in last version (7.9)
On Thu, 14 May 2009, John Brown wrote:

> I placed regex and subject in the regex.txt and subject.txt files (see
> this email attach)
> Code I used (it will fail with stack overflow exception because match()
> function uses endless recursion):

I may take a more detailed look at this when I get some time, BUT:

"Endless recursion" in match() is not a bug in PCRE. It is easy to write
patterns that cause this combinatorial explosion. There are features in
PCRE by which you can limit the number of times match() recurses so that
you can stop these cases from stack overflowing. The default limits are
high because different operating systems have different amounts of
stack (and in most you can change it). Please read the "pcrestack" man
page, which discusses all this in detail.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel